Included here is work from my time as the opinion editor for The Universe, an intern for The Brooklyn Paper, a sports reporter for The Universe and more.
- Let’s Talk About CRAP
- Looking Good: 3 Online Tools for Creating Visuals and Graphics
- 15 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for Every Writing Mood
- 3 Simple Ways to Write Better Emails to Support
For our 2013 capstone project, my class created an online magazine dedicated to helping soon-to-be and recent college graduates transition to the “real world.” Not only did I write a long-form piece on the costs of continuing education beyond the undergraduate years, I gathered data and designed infographics to convey the information.
The Brooklyn Paper
- Cafes, Yoga, Yogurt
- Ice cream with all the fixings
- Hooked swans rescued in Prospect Park
- Who’s your momma?
- Documentary traces American roots of indie pop
- Why stay in a hostel when there’s Airbnb?
- It’s a magical mystery sing-along
- Tennis challenge to decide boro’s best (page 6)
- Trendy & Tasty (page 12)
- BYU’s parking lot camping team scores big on deals
- Tiffany Lott Hogan: BYU’s Where Are They Now?
- College students find ways to turn social media fun into cash
- Home crowd revels in 2-0 Real win
- Spencer Fluhman: father; bishop; professor of religion, history & bracketology
- Sports traditions live on away from home
- BYU athletes hope to make a splash at Olympic trials
- One BYU student’s first gymnastics experience
- BYU defeats Utah; sends seniors & Powers off right